Re: Looking for a Cisco Router Simulator

This reminds me, I have played with Packet Tracer 3.2 from the old CCNA Companion.

Is there a more up-to-date version, or something similar that runs under Linux *and* Windows?

Regards, N.Fotis

Reply to
Nick Fotis
Loading thread data ...

plz give me the link of Packet Tracer. Thanks, Sukalyan

Reply to
jatrojoomla

Newest Packet Tracer is 4.11 and it is possible to run it under Wine...

Reply to
Shishko

Well, new packet tracer 5.0 (which should be released soon) will run nativly under linux.

formatting link

Reply to
Slawomir Kawala

That's what I did. I just finished the four v4 Cisco Netacademy CCNA courses. We had access to real routers too, but PT was often easier and quicker since you never had to go to the racks and physically wire the routers and switches. On the other hand PT 4.11 doesn't have all the necessary commands so some stuff did not work.

Reply to
Carbon

Many features works well on dynamips... I recommend to try this software for routers emulation and dynagen for 'management'.

Reply to
Slawomir Kawala

Packet Tracer is a non-commercial teaching network simulator for Cisco Networking Academy students. If you are such a student then you can download it when you log into Academy Connection.

If not here's a good free one -

formatting link

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.