Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Question on Cisco 3000 series routers
- Ron Snipes
September 3, 2005, 1:29 pm
rate this thread
I am studying for my CCNA. Have a rack with 2501, 2505, & 2507. I also have
two 3102 and a 3104. Yes, these 3000 series routers are relics, but they
have IOS 11.x. I haven't turned them on in maybe 6 - 8 months. Fired them up
last night and get absolutely nothing. Pulled the flash ram and cleaned the
contacts, still nothing.
Any suggestions as to the next steps in troubleshooting?
Just in case I had a bad console cable, I swapped the cable to a 2501 and
got data into hyperterminal. Tested all 3 routers, all had no data.
In my training, there are references to IOS prior to currnet version. It
would be nice to be able to get these relics going.
Information Systems Installation Services
Re: Question on Cisco 3000 series routers
Not the most useful guide, but it will tell you what the lights mean.
If "absolutely nothing" really means "absolutely nothing", you might be
stuffed. Any fans? Any noise at all?
- » Digital Printing Malaysia | Printing Company Malaysia| Dot2Dot
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Wireless Networking