Question about Cisco Press Official Exam Library

I ordered this from Amazon:

formatting link
The box says Third Edition, but the books inside are Second Edition. So I sent them back. I received the replacement...same thing.

So are the books really supposed to be Second Edition, and the set/library itself is Third?

Reply to
Mitch
Loading thread data ...

Check the ISBN on the copies that you have and see if they match what is on the Amazon page. The Amazon page has the correct number. I just suspect they are sending the wrong book. Also, check the test number to see if it matches.

FYI... The ISBN of the second edition is ISBN: 1587201690

Reply to
Scooby

Okay, the ISBN on the box itself matches the Amazon description.

According to the product description at Cisco Press: CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, Third Edition, is the newest edition of the all-time best-selling CCNA self-study preparation package. This comprehensive review and practice package is designed for the latest CCNA® 640-802 exams. The two books contained in this package, CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition, and CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition

Weird. Thanks for the sanity check.

Reply to
Mitch

Interesting. BTW - further reading of the Amazon page yields this...

The two books contained in this package, CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition, and CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition, present complete reviews and a more challenging and realistic preparation experience. The books are updated to cover all the new 640-802 exam objectives, such as security, wireless, IPv6, and troubleshooting.

Reply to
Scooby

This means I sent the books back to Amazon thinking they'd sent the wrong books. Oops.

Oh well, probably get hit with a restocking fee. Still, I think $37 for so much information is a steal.

I don't start my courses until late August, but I can't wait to have a great resource like this group. I've heard the professor is a local legend...supposed to be very good.

Any other hangouts I should know about?

I started my first security course at Devry, and it's very interesting so far.

Reply to
Mitch

Mitch you've got the exact books I suggested in your original post, well done. I didn't need the course and you prolly won't either. Just open the first book and read it cover to cover. It took me a little over a week and I read slow. Then go back and master IP addressing, subnet masks and binary math. Then review everything one last time and sit the exam.

In two weeks of reading this post, you could/should be a CCENT and well on your way if you just get motivated and open the books you bought.

Don't forget to use the CD in the back of each book!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Mitch@_._ wrote:

Reply to
Radrage

I think what I'm most excited about regarding the course is that there's a hands-on lab after each lecture.

Also, the instructor is very highly regarded by industry around here. A real-world experienced guy.

Perhaps after the first course, and hopefully passing the CCENT, I'll know better how to attack the CCNA without taking a 4-month-long course again.

I've also reconnected with an old high school friend who teaches CCNA, so she's wide open to questions and advice.

Reply to
Mitch

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.