PrepLogic CCNP training

Hi,

Just a word of warning. I recently purchased a whole set of preparation materials for the BSCI exam (the routing exam toward the CCNP certification) from PrepLogic. I have used their Cram Session study sheets (free pdfs) to study for certification tests in the past and found them helpful. I took a look at the BSCI study sheet and found it lacking. So, I bought some premium material from them, assuming the good stuff would be better than the free stuff.

As it turns out the Audio Training Lecture series for the BSCI exam is simply someone reading the free Cram Session pdf file. Not only that, I do not believe that the person reading the material actually knows what he is reading. I base that claim on a number of issues, one of which is that he reads the CLI prompts as if they were part of the command. Also, at one point, he calls an OSPF designated router the "designed router". It is obviously to me that he is simply reading material which he himself has little (if any) knowledge.

They sell the material for $57....here:

formatting link
You can get it for free, save yourself some cash, and read it to yourself.... here:
formatting link
They are 99% the same. About the only difference is in the pdf there are diagrams and charts that either need to be explained audibly in the audio lecture, or else included in a "resouce" cd as part of the package. No, the resouce cd isn't very resourceful. It's pretty much the same stuff in the PDF.

The resource cd also will "integrate" with their practice testing engine, which leaves alot to be desired as well. Supposedly when you put the testing engine in "learning mode", it will play back the sections of the audio lecture that are pertinent to the questions that you answered incorrectly. I have not tried this feature, mainly because I found both the practice testing engine and the audio lectures to be a waste of time and money.

So, don't waste your money on this product. I learned my lesson.

Reply to
bkvalentine
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

formatting link

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reply to
Dude

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.