Preparation help

Hi All, I'm new to this group. I'm preparing for CCNP and I have chosen BCSI as the first exam to take. Can anyone let me know if this is a good idea to start with BCSI? Also, I want to know the best book for BCSI. I don't have any simulator. I would appreciate if someone can help me in selecting one or any input in this regard.

Thanks in advance. Archies

Reply to
Archies
Loading thread data ...

Yes, BSCI is good choice to start CCNP certification. I'm also preparing BSCI and I am also having issue with books due this program change. The only official Cisco Press book right now is

formatting link

Reply to
SS

I passed BSCI in December, and it took me 3 attempts. I have heard it's the toughest out of the lot, and can see why.

I'm just preparing to start my switching course.

What I have found is that what course you are after doing, may depend on the college you pick. You may find they only do certain CCNP courses at different times of the year.

Regards

SS wrote:

Reply to
James

It depends. If you have experience in routing stuff, BCSI is definitely the best choice.

I chose to start with BCSI, then BCMSN. To me, they are both difficult to pass, but in different ways. BCSI need you to REALLY UNDERSTAND the concepts, and use them to solve the problems. BCMSN has many small knowledge pieces that you may need to pay attention to and memorize for writing the paper.

The best books for preparing for CCNP are always books from Cisco Press. Books from Sybex etc. may make the preparation easy in short term, but have no good for long term. Try Boson NetSim for simulation, not an intelligent one, but enough for preparing CCNP.

Good luck.

Archies wrote:

Reply to
Sophia

Reply to
Archies

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.