Practicing for the CCIE Lab

I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask some of you who have been through the actual lab. I want to practice as close to reality as possible. I've just recently passed the written and have started working on the first of several practice lab scenarios I have.

My first question has to do with access to the equipment. I use a PC to telnet to my 2511. I'm currently using TeraTerm as my telnet client. What I end up doing is telnetting to the 2511 and then reverse telnetting to one of the routers. So if my practice scenario involves 5 routers, I end up with 5 different TeraTerm windows open, one for each router. It makes it very easy to switch between routers and to copy and paste code, if I need to. Is this something that will be possible on the real lab or would I need to be switching between router consoles from reverse telnet sessions through one window? Hopefully that makes sense. Again, I just want to practice as close to the real experience as possible.

Also, in regard to accessing the Cisco Documentation. Will I be actually using a CD or will I be accessing the documentation web site? I have been practicing with the web site lately but wondered if I needed to be rounding up a CD.

If it makes any difference, I will be taking the lab at RTP. Hopefully neither of these questions are going to be a violation of the NDA. If so, then please don't answer. I've come way to far to get myself or somebody else on Cisco's bad side.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Reply to
CiscoKid
Loading thread data ...

I would definately take the time to learn the layout of the physical CD rather than the website. I had to resort to the CD numerous times to check things or even help me understand what I was being asked to do.

Regarding your other question, I had multiple simultanious telnet sessions open, but did very little cutting and pasting. ymmv.

Reply to
tt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.