Post CNNA Completion

I am going for my CCNA. Hope to have it done in about 2months, maybe a little more. Even cisco's entry level cert is very tough , at least for me. I've been using computers about 9 years, linux about 6 years, and pretty much know Windows, and am very hardware oriented. Good understanding of NT 4.0, and Windows 2003. But I don't feel like being a common MCSE, to many of em. Is CCNA even worth going for? I am a network admin for 150 users, in an active directory environment. I want to try ccna, so i can understand networks better at the root, (core), etc. What will be the benefits besides just having a "piece of paper". I want to become securit oriented also. Is there a path after CCNA, to pursue security. Since security is a big issue for the next 50 years, well can't say a number, security will always be one of the hottest sectors of IT.

Ryan.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
Ryan
Loading thread data ...

Ryan ,CCNA will definitely introduce you Cisco network fundamentals. You'll understand the OSI model and how each components pertains to it. I'd say go for it if you want it to enrich your networking knowledge, but it won't be enough to be a core networking admin or engineer.

Reply to
jsalminen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.