Passed ICND - 89%

Can't remember the exact score as I've left my print out at work but it was about that. For practical I have 2 2501 routers and 2 1900 switches at home, all purchased on Ebay. For study it was the Wendell Odom Intro and ICND books, plus the QUE CCNA book (ISBN-10: 0789735199 ISBN-13: 978-0789735195) which I quite liked as it does seem to walk you through the theory, then install/practical, then troubleshooting.

Test itself was a bit odd - certainly had a few questions that I'd not seen the likes of before, but they were still asking the same sort of stuff - if you follow me. Point being that you really do need to *know the theory* and how to *apply it*. Had a couple of standard drag/drop questions (such as how to enable terminal vty access - don't mind mentioning that as it's in all three textbooks noted above). The sim was easy - just an interface that needed enabling. The other thing that did come in handy for subnetting was the fact that I wrote down my little table. I know we all do this differently, but my version is simply:

Prefix Example IP Hosts Subnets /28 192.168.0.240 16 16

From that I just expand either way - up to /31 and down to /22 appears sufficient. Also that listing is with 0-subnet in mind.

OK, that's about all I can say in case I get some nasty reply back from those CertGuard guys.

Thanks again for the input from the folks here (and yes BernieM and Scooby - I still have that EIGRP error message! ;) ).

Good luck to all,

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris
Loading thread data ...

Paul,

Great news !!!! Nice way to start the holiday weekend.

BTW - if you want to post the configs for the devices in question with the EIGRP, I'll check it out. Also, if you can, include some kind of topology info - what interface is plugged into what.

Reply to
Scooby

Nice going Paul...I sit for my CCNA exam on Tuesday the 29th...will be cramming all three days of the 3 day weekend here. Using Cisco books, CBT Nuggets and some sample tests.

Reply to
Brian

Oh, that was the other thing that did annoy me (and relates to your question from the other day) is on the sim I had. Abbreviations did work, but what didn't is going from command line view to topology view (or whatever they call them) while in a telnet session. The connection was closed so I had to keep telnetting back in after switching. And moreover, I tried creating an ip host entry to save typing type for the pesky IP adddress but it would not even let me do that! Cost me a few seconds, but they all count. (Just ask Liverpool FC!!).

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Morris" Newsgroups: alt.certification.cisco Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 10:33 AM Subject: Passed ICND - 89%

Congrats.

"OK, that's about all I can say in case I get some nasty reply back from those CertGuard guys."

--who cares what that guy says.

Rommon>

Reply to
Rommon>

Well, thanks for supporting us anyways. Good luck on your certifications.

Here are some useful links: Home:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Test Providers:
formatting link
Materials and Books:
formatting link
Links and Emails:
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Robert Williams [CertGuard]

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.