passed CCIE written. what are my future options with retaining ccnp/dp status?

Hi everyone. My ccnp/dp were coming close to retirement and I was struggling with the idea of whether i should take the composite exam or ccie written as a means to retain my level of certification. I was essentially tired of the whole certification process and the money outlay. Well I finally decided to take the ccie written instead of the composite, even thought it costs more. I managed to pass.

My main questions is that If i DONT decide to take the ccie lab exam, how long will my ccnp/dp be valid for? 1.5 years? 2 years? 3 years?

How often will I have to take the CCIE written to retain my ccnp/dp ?

I am confused with the fact that someone who HAS a CCIE is required to recertify every 2 years via the ccie written. However the ccnp/dp are traditionally valid for 3 years.

Many thanks

markus

Reply to
mag1kus
Loading thread data ...

Your CCNx and CCDx, as well as any CQS, will be recertified from the date you passed the CCIE written for their normal expiration periods. IE - you have another three years as CCNP/CCNP and another 2 years on the CQS exams.

You will need to pass the CCIE written every three years to keep your CCDP and CCNP active.

Remember, you aren=B4t a CCIE - you've just passed the filter exam that prevents the great unprepared wasting everybody's time by attempting a lab exam for which they are absolutely unprepared.

Matt

Reply to
yamahasw40

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.