OSPF question

Hi all-I was on an exam site called

formatting link
of the questions has two answers-but which one is correct?

In a multi access Ethernet network where does a router send an LSU when it detects a directly connected network has failed?

1-out all interfaces to all neighbors

2-To all congfigged neighbors within the AS

3-To all configged neighbors within theOSPF area

4 -to the DR

my first attempt I put 3-which was marked incorrect-I then tried again with 4(which is the answer it gave me) then it said the answer was 3. Tried looking all over for a correct answer-all help greatfully appreciated.

Reply to
daytime
Loading thread data ...

"daytime" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@k29g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...

Hi,

If there is a DR ( default for an Ethernet domain ) the LSUs are sent to the DR (and BDR) by multicasting using address 224.0.0.6 instead of the "usual"

224.0.0.5. The DR, in turn, sends the LSU to the other routers in the same ethernet domain.

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

By domain, do you mean the whole AS (all the areas) or the LAN segments the DR is directly connected to?

Reply to
John Petersen

"John Petersen" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@anon.mixmaster.mixmin.net...

Hi,

I mean broadcast domain.

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

messaggionews: snipped-for-privacy@anon.mixmaster.mixmin.net...

So to clarify -the correct answer is 3)to all configged routers in the OSPF area-not the AS? ALso is 224.0.0.6 for all DR routers and 224.0.0.5 for all other routers?

Reply to
daytime

"daytime" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Hi,

Correct answer is 4) To the DR (and BDR) Yes, 224.0.0.6 is for DR/BDR and 224.0.0.5 is for "the others".

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

messaggionews: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Many thanks

Reply to
daytime

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.