OSPF Demand Circuit keeps dialing

I was reading in the Solie Volume I and on page 544, they present a Lab for an OSPF Demand Circuit. It basically involves using an ISDN circuit to backup frame-relay. The WAN circuits are in OSPF area 0. The router on one end is also redistributing EIGRP into OSPF, and vice versa. The Lab mentions the problem of the ISDN circuit not staying quiet unless you use a route-map on the redistribution of EIGRP into OSPF and denying the redistribution of the ISDN network into OSPF. I then got to thinking about it and wondering why this was necessary. The Lab really didn't go into any serious detail as to why. So I started digging and wondered if this was correct....Would the reason for the circuit constantly dialing be the disappearance of the host route associated with the other end of the PPP link? I guess when OSPF sees that host route drop, it thinks Link State change and dials again. Also, would the 'no peer neighbor route' command have also prevented the constant dialing?

Thanks in advance....

Reply to
CiscoKid
Loading thread data ...

It probably would if that was the main reason of your constant dialing (it could be).

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.