Opinions for CCNP

I looking to begin work on my NP. I got my NA in February using the two test method. There seem to be 4 exams that I need to take:

642-801 BSCI Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) 642-811 BCMSN Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) 642-821 BCRAN Building Cisco Remote Access Networks (BCRAN) 642-831 CIT Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting (CIT)

Is there an order I could take these that may help retention... If they're all like the ICND, It's going to take awhile... Just gathering insight now... Also, looking for good reference material (I found studying the right books to be crucial when working on NA). I'm not interested in links to braindump/sim-test sites. Thanks.

Reply to
joey024
Loading thread data ...

THe order you listed them makes as much sense as anything else Ive heard. As for books I went with Cisco Press and never regreted it. Having a good lab helped greatly.

Reply to
dan

Switching, Routing, Remote Access and Support.

In that order, so you won't need to study for the Support exam (all of it is covered in the others).

Switching is easy, Routing is difficult, BCRAN can be evil.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Reply to
joey024

I agree that swithing is much easier than Routing. I took routing first since I had a brand new lab and the subject interested me more than switching. Afterwards I was glad for the break Switching gave me between Routing and Remote Access. Think everone agrees that Remote and CIT take the last 2 spots. Cant stress enough the value of a good lab, the right equipment goes a long way towards preventing the "Paper Cert Syndrone" and better training than any boot camp could possibly be. 2500s , ISDN Simulators, and 1912s are so dirt cheap now just wish the same could be said for the 5500s. Best of luck to you.

Reply to
dan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.