NSSA

A, C, D here also

Reply to
Bob by the Bay
Loading thread data ...

Which of the following OSPF routes are supported by the Not-So-Stubby-Area (NSSA) type? (Select three)

A. O

B. O IA

C. O N2

D. O* N2

E. O* IA

I would go with A, C, D

What do you guys think?

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

NSSA Blocks Type 4 and 5 LSAs. So the answer should be O, OIA, N2 - A, B, C As OSPF intra Area (O) , OSPF inter area (OIA) and external routes (N2) won't be blocked.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

OK. Looks like I need to do some review on that.

But if "O N2" is correct, then "O*N2" should also be correct. The latter is generated by a default-information originate by a member router within the NSSA area.

Robert

Reply to
Bob by the Bay

I labbed this one up with an AREA 1 NSSA DEFAULT-INFORMATION-ORIGINATE on the ABR bordering areas 0 and 1.

Both LSA 3 and 4 show up as O IA so some of these may be blocked and any type of O E would be blocked as LSA 5 and would not show up in the Area 1 (excluding the ABR).

O, O IA, O N2, O*N2 are all seen in NSSA area 1.

Hmmmmmm... it seems to me that the word "support" is rather ambiguous.

Reply to
Bob by the Bay

Friends,

In OSPF the nssa blocks only type 5 lsa and instead allows type 7 lsa. But nssa nosummary blocks type 3, type 4 and type 5 and allows type 7 instead.

Hence in nssa the allowed lsa are type 1 type 2 type 3 type 4 and type 7

therefore the answer to the above question should be,

a, b, c

A. because its type 1 and type 2 lsa

b because, type 3 and type 4 lsa are allowed

c because, type 7 is used instead of type 5

d and e are incorrect because * indicates a default candidate but since its a nssa area not nssa nosummary there will be no default candidate as type 1 to 4 are allowed and type 5 is replaced by type 7.

regards, niitin

Reply to
nitint

Yes, I mis-spoke about LSA 4, they are indeed allowed under NSSA. A,B,C is likely the expected answer. However, O*N2 doesn't require NO-SUMMARY and is thus supported under NSSA. Since LSA 4s are not blocked, O*N2 would probably not considered in the top 3 answers.

Robert

Reply to
Bob by the Bay

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.