New CCNP test

Can somebody tell me if the 642-801 book I am studying will be enough for the new 642-901 test. How different is the 642-901 test? Also, is anybody familiar with the new CCNP netsim from Boson and if it is worth buying. Thanks

Reply to
Larry
Loading thread data ...

Well, I'm expiriencing the same problem and dilema you do. I have talked with cert support via cisco web site and they told me that program is quite a different so, based on my opinion, it would be better to study from new book Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition. Cisco cert support recommended me Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks v3.0 curicuulum.

Reply to
SS

Here is the outline for the test...

formatting link
One differences is multicasting, which used to be part of the BCMSN test. Not sure why they moved it. But, if you have the old material for that test, you should be able to use that for prep. But, you should be able to see the difference in what you are studying with the new outline.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.