New CCNA 801 uodated exam

Hi, I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I have a new book out that covers the latest 640-801 CCNA exam objectives.

Advanced VLSM design and implementation, summarization, NAT, Advanced OSPF conifguraiton, implementation and troubleshooting. Also, all new switching chapters and revised, updated and expanded Access List and WAN chapters.

The newest question pool is very large, and very difficult. Please take a look at my latest Sybex CCNA Study Guide. Also, please don't attack me for posting this as spam...people ask me to do this so they can find the latest Cisco material.

Cheers! Todd Lammle

Reply to
Todd Lammle
Loading thread data ...

Damn. I just bought one of your books a few weeks ago as the Cisco press books simply do not cover enough material to pass the ICND.

Are updates available for your existing books that also cover these latest objectives?

Reply to
Allan Wingenbach

Allan, unfortantly not. However, if you read my existing book, then study RIPv2, advanced EIGRP and OSPF configurations and troubleshooting techniques, as well as VLSM and Summarization, you should be ok. However, for the price of less then a sample testing engine, you can get the new book. But, the option for studyting via web searches will work as well.Oh yea, don't forget about the new switching stuff. ISL,

802.1q > Damn. I just bought one of your books a few weeks ago as the Cisco press

Advanced

Reply to
Todd Lammle

I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, but I think it's pretty sad that people who have recently purchased the 4th edition have no option to get the supplemental material without buying the new book. This should be added to the Sybex site, as you have for the errata. The books might be inexpensive in the states, but they cost considerably more when purchased overseas. This "value added service" would far outweigh the negative feedback Sybex may receive from disgruntled readers.

That aside, do you have any specific web resources where the additional information you mention can be found? The CISCO site has lots of docs, but most of them are like novels. They are quite technical in nature, and in my opinion, are more of a reference than an educational tool.

Thanks

Reply to
rb33339

The book Todd refers to is:

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801) Published by Sybex in January 2005 ISBN: 0782143911

His previous CCNA books are very good, there's no reason to suspect that this new one wouldn't also be a very good CCNA study Guide.

The book is available at

formatting link
for $30.50 (almost $20 off list).

Cheers!

John

Reply to
John P. Dearing

You're missing the point. I just bought the book less than 2 weeks ago and don't see why I should have to pay for the same thing again. Cisco press's books are not up to the standards or completeness of your books, but at least I can download updates from thier website.

Allan Wingenbach

Reply to
Allan Wingenbach

You have a very good point Allan, I think Todd should pressure the publishers to do the honourable thing. The publicity and subsequent sales gained from doing the honourable thing just can't be bought.

Reply to
Dave

Yes, I am on that. I will have a web site on the sybex web site and at lammle.com that will have the updates in the future, I just don't have it ready yet. The masses have been heard and I am going to answer them! :)

Cheers! Todd Lammle

Reply to
Todd Lammle

Todd, Greate news, well done and many thanks.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

I'm taking the CCNA test this friday feb 18th. I studied from the Cisco press Intro and ICND books plus some boson tests and labs.

I might be mistaken, but as far as I read on this topic, seems like that the 2 cisco press books are not enough to pass the exam?

I will appreciate your sugestions and I might re-schedule the text.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Ludwing

Reply to
Question

Thanks Todd! I'm very impressed that you take the time to not only follow the newsgroups but also respond to issues in a timely and fair manner when many other authors wouldn't bother. Thanks and keep on raising the bar!

Allan Wingenbach

Reply to
Allan Wingenbach

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.