Networking Newbie

Is there any way i could see what's going on with my network, if I'm running certain protocols at different times?. I have a study lab that I'm trying to put together i have 3 2501's, 1 2502, 1 2503, 1 2511 access server, 1 2521, 1 2612, and i 1924 switch.Basically when i get this up and running i want to see what's going on behind the scenes.Also would like to know is there any place that i could find lab to practice on.What are the names of the software that i could use to find out about the network.Thanks in advance

Reply to
Blacksayien
Loading thread data ...

Try Ethereal, a network protocol analyzer. It' free. This will show you exactly what is going on with the network as it will capture all frames and let you look inside.

formatting link
is the download site for windows. You will need to install both the Ethereal program an the WinPcap driver to make it work.

You can also try Solarwinds network management tool kit. The kits cost about $1000.00, but you can get a 30 day trial for free.

formatting link

Reply to
Billl George

Packetyzer is another free packet analyzer similar to Ethereal. It relies on WinCap fro the packet capture as Ethereal do. Kits for Windows are available there:

formatting link
Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Herickx

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.