Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
April 25, 2005, 7:46 am
rate this thread
Hi, has enyone sat any of the following exams recently:
* CCIE written (R&S)
* 642-891 Composite exam,
* or both the 642-801 BSCI and 642-811 BCMSN exams
I need to site either of the three options above as my ccnp.ccdp will expire
in late december. How did you find the exam? Last time i took these exams
was 3 years ago. I am guessing much has changed in the format of the test
i.e. more simulation stuff.
Since i want to proceed to CCIE it would be to my advantage to do the CCIE
written. However i need to take the CCIE lab within 1.5 years of the
written. After 1.5 years i need to sit the written again if i want to
proceed along the CCIE track.
So im guessing i have two choices in as much as retaining my professional
1. sit the ccie written every 1.5 years
2. sit the composite exam every 3 years
Still looking into my options. Any insights would be appreciated!
Re: need to sit CCIE written, or update exam for CCNP/CCDP
No, you need only take it every 3 years in order to retain your
I see no point in taking the separate exams, seems just like a waste of
money to me. From a purely financial point of view, the cheapest option
is the take the composite, it should also be about the easiest. The
question is, do you expect to be ready to take the CCIE lab within 18
months of recertification? If so then do the CCIE written, if not do
-> The email address used in this message *IS* valid <-
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Google Chrome Now Blocks Irksome Ads. That's a Good Thing, Right? [telecom ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum