need help quick!! test in 3 hours

i copied this from the cisco online curriculum

Fast-forward switching - This type of switching offers the lowest level of latency by immediately forwarding a packet

shouldnt that be FRAME not packet?

i thought packets were dealt with by routers not switches, this is for CCNA

i just want to know if i am right in thinking that using the word packet instead of frame is a mistake?

can someone let me know

Reply to
Christo
Loading thread data ...

Well you're probably at yoru exam, but yes, Frames are layer 2, packets are layer 3.

Reply to
RouterMan

You are right - unfortunately this is also reflected in the Module Exam for that topic.

This was brought to the attention of the Academy Program administrators last year and will be corrected in the next edit of the material - actually I though it had - were you looking at a local academy copy or via your class link on Academy Connection?

In the context of the topic I think "packet" was meant in the generic sense, and of course the packet is in the frame that is switched - but it is out of line with the general concept of layer 2 and 3 segmentation that the CCNA focuses on.

Hope the exam went well.

cheers Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.