need advice on passing the CIT

So I have passed the BSCI, BCMSN, and BCRAN (in that order), and I went to take the CIT, which draws on knowledge from all of those, and failed pretty badly. It seems that I need to work most on the routing and remote access parts, but I am at a bit of a loss on how to do this. The Ciscopress CIT book is pretty useless, and another CIT book I found is almost just as useless. What can I do other than to go over the other exam material? I am concerned that I have kind of "maxed out" on the material I have already studied, and that if I study it more I will improve my score but still not pass.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
FourMajor
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
dgibelli

FourMajor escreveu:

In my opinion the best way to pass CIT is studying through cisco=B4s site. Study mainly the debug/show outputs from command.

Reply to
claudio_filardi
3 major things I could suggest (I just passed the exam)

1=2E Go through all of the previous Cisco Press CCNP books. Study the troubleshooting sections of each chapter for the commands you'll need

2=2E try to find some routers, or perhaps rent some rack time, and practice on them. See if you can find some scenario books that will help you practice.

3=2E If you have access to the Cisco Partner E-Learning site, load up the 642-831 course (there should be a web based one that's free) and use that to practice troubleshooting methods.

Also, get a couple of good practice tests (BOS> FourMajor escreveu:

Reply to
Mike Rahl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.