NAT Definitions

Well, I could swear the answer is something other than what this CBT is telling me, but they say the answer is "B." I was thinking "D". Would someone please explain to me which is wrong and why? I'm basing my answer off info gleened from:

formatting link
========= Which term refers to how devices inside the corporate network interpret the IP addresses of devices on the Internet?

A) inside local IP address B) inside global IP address C) outside global IP address D) outside local IP address =========

Reply to
joespoolhall.newsgroups
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
>

Reply to
BadCzech

formatting link

From the document you recfer to above:

Inside global address-A legitimate IP address assigned by the NIC or service provider that represents one or more

inside local IP addresses to the outside world.

Devices on the internet must have legitimate (global) IP addresses. So you are left with only B or C as possible answers.

If they are referring to devices on the corporate network that interface with the internet cloud (i.e Edge routers)

then indeed B is the correct answer.

Reply to
Drake

While the sentence might not be the best way to phrase it, it is certainly better than some of the questions I have seen from CISCO - bad grammar and completely vague as to what they are trying to ask I think if CISCO paid more attention to how they specified their questions and instructions, more people would pass their exams.

formatting link
> >

Reply to
Brian B

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.