Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- MAC address question
November 25, 2006, 10:36 pm
rate this thread
I have a question regarding working out which is a lower MAC address
than another when calculating which BPDU will cause the switch to
become the Root Bridge
Say I have the two MAC addresses (and assume the Priorities of both
switches are the same)
00d0.ba2f.ae00 and 0002.cb4f.0001
How can I work out which one is lower? Do I need to convert as below
these to decimal or binary? Or is there a way I can tell by simply
looking at them?
- » Multiple Jobs Corp - Corp. Windows Data Access Management - Information Security &...
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » History 1957 dial upgrade [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Re: [telecom] Ajit Pai proposes new rule that would allow carriers to block r...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum