LMI signaling multicast mechanism

LMI signaling multicast mechanism is not intended for (Choose all that apply)? A. providing outgoing status on known DLCIs B. providing network server with its remote DLCI C. providing network server with its local DLCI D. verifying data flow

Reply to
Saad Ahmed
Loading thread data ...

For me it would be B, but i may be wrong; any other ideas?

" If LMI is supported and the multicast information element is present, the network server sets its local DLCI based on information provided via the LMI. "

formatting link

" LMI virtual circuit status messages provide communication and synchronization between Frame Relay DTE and DCE devices. These messages are used to periodically report on the status of PVCs, which prevents data from being sent into black holes (that is, over PVCs that no longer exist).

The LMI multicasting extension allows multicast groups to be assigned. Multicasting saves bandwidth by allowing routing updates and address-resolution messages to be sent only to specific groups of routers. The extension also transmits reports on the status of multicast groups in update messages.

"

formatting link
" A set of enhancements to the basic Frame Relay specification. LMI includes support for a keepalive mechanism, which verifies that data is flowing, and for a status mechanism, which provides an on-going status report on the DLCIs known to the switch. There are three types of LMI: The Frame Relay Forum's LMI, ANSI T1.617 (Annex D), and CCITT Q922 (Annex A). "

formatting link

Reply to
<Anthrax>

You are correct. Answer should be B. But here, the questions asks for "LMI signaling multicast mechanism is NOT intended for ", then I guess answer should be A, C, D.

thanks.

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

A, B and D. Cause C is intended for LMI signaling multicast mechanism

I am sorry was wrong last time :)

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.