lightstream 1010 switch

Hi

if you had the opportunity to buy at a low cost ($100) a lightstream

1010 with 3 OC3 ATM ports, 1 switch route processor and 1 carrier module, would you get it for your CCIE lab?

My understanding is that it was phased out some time around 2000, too old?

TIA

/CM

Reply to
Capitan Mutanda
Loading thread data ...

Have you ATM interfaces for any of your routers? If you have ATM for at least two routers, it gives you the opportunity to do ATM. Otherwise, pass.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Paul Matthews ha scritto:

All I have is a 3640 with ATM-E1 4E1-IMA and a 1700 with G-SHDSL.

In a 5000 I've two WS-X5111 and in a 6500 one WS-X6324, but doubt that it would help for a minimal ATM network. By the way, my experience with ATM is only theoretical, no hands on

/CM

Reply to
Capitan Mutanda

Capitan Mutanda ha scritto:

Looking around on ebay I found a 5000 ATM OC-3 LANE Module WS-X5158 that I could snug in my 5000 that has a RSM WS-X5302

tnx

/cm

Reply to
Capitan Mutanda

Hi Capitan,

To view the "history" of "aged" Cisco Products you may find helpful:

Cisco Product Quick Reference Guides, CPQRGs

These aggregated guides go all the way back to 1999:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco eBay Repair Service

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

"Capitan Mutanda" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Depends on the kind of CCIE lab you are settting up. If it is a CCIE R&S lab ATM is no longer needed. On the other hands are you going for the CCIE SP ATM and ISDN is still in there.

Best regards Martin Kiefer

formatting link

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.