Layman question

Please excuse me if this is the incorrect board for this.

Could someone give me an estimate of what it takes in terms of time, money and equipment to update Cisco Aironet 1210 AP's from firmware version 12.3(2)JA to 12.3(4)JA?

For a facilitywide network employing approximately 2000 of these access points, can this be done remotely from a central location or do you need to be at each AP location to perform the firmware update.

Thanks in advance for your assistance - if there's a better board to post this query, please feel free to suggest that. I don't want to cross post this.

Best regards, Badri

Reply to
bnarayan71
Loading thread data ...

The best and simplest way I know would be to use one of the Wireless control devices. two examples are the WLSE ( Wireless LAN Solution Enging ) & the WLSM ( Wireless LAN Solution Module) . The module is newer but both work well. I think that Cisco has a newer appliance then the WLSE but not sure of its features. I personally have used the WLSE and once you get it configured and get the inventory and managing completed it can update entire groups of access point firmware from remote locations assuming that you have either SSH or telnet access to the devices. As for time ..10 minutes to update and verify 30 access points is what I have experienced. Hope this helps

Reply to
Phil Werk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.