Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- [Job] Network Engineer - San Jose, CA
October 19, 2005, 6:45 pm
rate this thread
To submit your resume or for more information e-mail
Network and Security Engineer is responsible for contributing to the
design of the data center networks, and implementing network solutions
for customers within our facilities. Remotely configure and maintain
network equipment such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls
and VPN Concentrators. You must have at least 5 years experience with
Network and Security Engineering, preferably in a large Internet Data
Center environment. Experience with designing and implementing
large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related
networking and security technologies are required for this Senior
Network and Security Engineer position.
In this position you will perform network and host-based security and
risk assessments, design and implement security-related
improvements/enhancements to customer and internal networks and work
with network and systems engineers in implementing security
You will be part of a team that implements Internet Commerce sites,
provisions VPNs, develops intrusion detection and firewall management
architectures. BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
preferred plus 5 years of hands-on experience in designing and
implementing security policies and infrastructure in an Internet data
* Experience with networking equipment such as high end Cisco Routers
and switches, Juniper Routers, particularly in a fully meshed,
* Gigabit Ethernet environment. Experience with OSPF and HSRP is
* Experience with BGP, ISIS, EIGRP, Radius, Tacacs+ and SNMP would be a
* Strong experience in network and systems security, with not only a
key understanding of overall concepts, but also the ability to
* processes and develop solutions to network and security problems.
* Experience administering and deploying network firewalls, such as
Netscreen, Checkpoint, Nokia, Cisco Pix and Cisco ACLs.
* Experience administering and deploying network load balancers, such
as Alteon, Cisco CSS11xxx, Foundry, F5 BigIP, and Netscaler.
* Ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly
and accurately -- not only within our group to share the knowledge and
understanding of our own systems, but also for distribution to other
internal teams and to our customers.
* Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and encryption.
* Exposure to some of the following tools: Snort, Nessus, nmap, ntop,
NA/Sniffer Pro, snoop, tcpdump, ethereal and other Open Source tools.
* Participation in on-call rotation and dedication to detailed
documentation are required.
* Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks,
network routing, switches and internet-related networking and security
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems preferred plus 5
years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing security
policies and infrastructure in a multi-customer ISP Data Center
Re: [Job] Network Engineer - San Jose, CA
Why would *anyone* send a resume to a gmail address? So that you can assume
their identity and tout their skill set as your own?
Anyone who would so casually pass such sensitive personal information is not
someone I would want in such a position as "Network Engineer."
- » Best CCNA Interview Questions & Answers for freshers/Exp Students 2017 | Mind...
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification