ISDN simulator

Hi,

I am looking for an isdn similator in order to prepare the WAN section of the CCNP. But, after a lot of search, I don't really find what is the "minimum" in order to train. (what switch, how many ports ...) Furthermore, it seems not to be accessible. (not cheaper at all) All advice are welcome.

Thanks.

Reply to
Sven
Loading thread data ...

Hi Sven,

You may wish to investigate ADTRAN WAN Emulation:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi,

Thanks for the link, it's very usefull.

Reply to
Sven

Right. Good luck getting the farking thing to actually work.

We had one of those at the Academy I attended. In all the years they'd had the thing, they couldn't get it going. Some investigation on my part turned up that they had U ports on the Adtran, and S/T ports on the routers. Oops! Best part? The instructor had no idea this was the case...

So, for the first lab exercise, we used routers that another student brought in. Worked fine. Later, the instructor scored some U port modules for the existing routers off ebay. Installed them. Went to hook three routers up for the next lab. Only one router had its SPIDs accepted. Swapped routers around, without success -- the problem did not migrate. Double- and triple-checked configuration on the Adtran, and as near as I could gather, it was fine.

Reply to
Joe Schmuckatelli

Hi Joe,

ADTRAN Technical Support Engineers are available Monday through Friday

7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST to assist with your configuration and troubleshooting needs.

Toll-free: 888-4ADTRAN Direct: 256-963-8716

ADTRAN's repair and replacement warranty is for 5 years.

If your unit has failed or requires an upgrade, contact the Customer Care Center to speak with an Adtran Technical Support Engineer about replacement.

Toll-Free: (888) 423-8726 Email: rmarequest (at) adtran (dot) com

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese DSL Network Guide

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The Adtran unit is a fine instrument. Looks like your instructor didn't match up....

Reply to
John Agosta

It sure looks impressive but.... I checked prices for the chasis and interface cards and I would say it's out of range of a home Lab unless you are John Chambers' (or Bill Gates') son :-) I've seen an ISDN simulator for around $500 new and a 2522 is fine for FR. If you run a training facility, by all means.

Reply to
Drake

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.