Isdn Simulator

How important is an isdn simualator for a cisco lab? Can I put a isdn card in my computer and get software to do the telco stuff? How much is a decent isdn simulator.

Reply to
mdiaczyk
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the VCONSOLE 2 PORT BRI-S/T OR BRI-U ISN SIMULATOR:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I would say that for CCNA it is not that important. It's nice to have but certainly not vital.

I found having a router simulate a Frame Relay switch to be much more useful. Whereas ISDN is quite straightforward in terms of configuration I found FR much more complicated and I learned a lot from doing all the FR labs.

AFAIK the Rolls Royce of the simulator world is the Adtran simulator which does both FR and ISDN in one box. The cheapest model seems to be USD 4000 though. I tried to persuade my college to buy one but they refused :(

Regards,

Per Hansen

Reply to
Per Hansen

You may wish to investigate:

Cisco Networking Academy WAN Emulation Lab Kits

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Are there many job openings in North Carolina?

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

formatting link
BradReese.Com has the largest aggregation of Cisco Job Databases on earth:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Job Newsgroups

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - CraigsList Cisco Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Additionally, you may find this a useful source for Cisco Jobs by City and State:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.