Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ISDN DDR Config sequence for 801 exam
February 21, 2005, 1:39 pm
rate this thread
What's the necessary steps in sequence to configure DDR on a ISDN Bri
Sybex has the sequence as follows, page 512
2. IP address
Boson has it, Chapter 10 Page 19
3. IP address
Cisco Press Self Study ICND, page 342
2. IP address
Re: ISDN DDR Config sequence for 801 exam
while there may be no official order and that any of the above would
apply and get DDR working, I would make sure that the interface was
shutdown first, the encapsulation chosen before setting an IP address
just to rule out problems with the router choosing to work on the
connection with the prior chosen or default encapsulation (HDLC). Then
finally, to bring up the connection i would issue a `no shutdown` command.
Here is a config that i used that worked.
access-list 111 permit tcp any host 172.28.3.5 eq 25
access-list 111 permit tcp any host 172.28.3.5 eq 80
dialer-list 2 protocol ip list 111
interface bri 0
ip address 172.28.3.4 255.255.255.0
dialer string 1465142533
dialer group 2
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Colt, Verizon Take Giant Leap for Cross-Carrier Automation [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum