Is the Cisco Lightstream 1010 the switch used in CCIE Lab???

I'm looking to buy equipment for my home lab to start working on the IE!!

I'm thinking this one would work well:

formatting link

Reply to
joey024
Loading thread data ...

In all honesty (and my opinion), it is not worth the cost of the ATM switch. The amount of ATM material on the lab does not justify the cost of the switch, ATM cards for the switch and ATM cards for your routers. In my opinion, just use an on-line rack rental for the ATM part of the lab. You should be able to do this about a week or so before your lab and be fine.

In my lab what i have done to emulate the routes coming from that "atm" network is use a back-to-back frame-relay connection between two routers. Servers the purpose just fine.

Jeff

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff

Yes it is, and this model would work fine except for the power supply that you would have to change unless you have access to 48V DC power, but you should be able to find power supplies cheap. The ATM interfaces cards for your routers and the routers that will support them might break your budget. Make sure you look into this before you buy the LS 1010.

Marc Russell Network Learning, Inc. Ph# 248-620-9603

formatting link
(Cisco Training)
formatting link
(Cisco R&S CCIE Discussion group)

formatting link

Reply to
Marc Russell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.