IOS 11 images

I'm looking for IOS 11 images for a WS-X5158 atm module for a Cat5000. The flash was removed and I can't reload a new one. Cisco no longer provides IOS 11 images for some strange reason.

Reply to
cciserv
Loading thread data ...

As I understand, the WS-5158 module is just an Interface card for Catalyst

5000. It may require additional software BIN file, but it will be an addition to main CatOS and IOS files. By the way, Catalyst 5000 has separate Supervisor card (Layer 2 switch), which requires CatOS image, and either RSFC or RSM module (Layer 3 card), which requires IOS software. Version 11 is still available on Cisco website (click on "Library" link below 12.x line). However, as I told, it's a software for RSM card, not WS-5158 module.

Good luck,

Mike

------ Cisco IP Phones PC Headset Adapter

formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

I understand all that you said. I have the rest of my Cat5000 working as you described but now I am trying to study LANE. Cisco provides an emergency BIN file but I'd prefer to use a non-experimental IOS. I only have a flash ROM from a cisco 2500 and 16 MB of RAM in the module, so the version 12 image is too large. I don't know what flash and RAM I need to install to load the larger IOS.

Reply to
cciserv

When I was building my lab of 2500 routers, I used the following trick:

You compress the image on any UNIX system with a "compress" command. It creates the file with .Z extention. Then you just copy the file into the flash, and specify it as a boot image. Worked all the time.

Good luck,

Mike

------ Cisco Headset Adapters for PC headsets

formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Nothing strange - 11 is end of life!

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.