INTRO and INCD guide .. is it enought for CCNA ?

The updated edition of CiscoPress INTRO and ICND study guides do not contain any materials in IPX configuration. Your books may be out-dated. You better buy the updated edition of the books for the exam preparation.

formatting link
You can also use my study guide to prepare for the exam:

formatting link
KPLAB
formatting link
- Free CCNA Study Guide

Reply to
kplab
Loading thread data ...

Hello all

I will have a CCNA on 1st of September. I have two guides INTRO and ICND, there is lots of unusable informations like about IPX, do You think that I should focus on all or just on that what in my consideration meters ?

Some advices welcome :)

Paul Malinowski

Reply to
Paul Malinowski

You may find some IPX information in the chapters explaining OSI and TCP/IP model, simply for the comparison of different network models. However, the amount of information about IPX should be minimal, and there is no detail on how to configure IPX on Cisco routers.

Are you using the INTRO study guide written by Steve McQuerry or Wendell Odom? I can't find any IPX information in Chapter 4 of the two books.

KPLAB

formatting link
- Free CCNA Study Guide

Paul Malinowski ???

formatting link
>

Reply to
kplab

Hey, You wrote that There is no informations about IPX ..

I have INTRO guide (2004) chapter 3 comparing of frames, chapter 4 examples about WAN ...

Many examples, additional informations about IPX so I think that it has some purpose.

When I pass some exam I always like to get maximum count of points that's why I'm so confused and curious. Are You sure that CCNA 640-801 exam has no questions about IPX ?

Kind Regards Paul Malinowski

User "kplab" wrote: news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

formatting link

Reply to
Paul Malinowski

Definitely nothing about IPX anymore on the exam.

Reply to
Dave

Thank You, I'm using: Cisco Press CCNA INTRO 640-821 640-801 (2004) Cisco Press CCNA ICND 640-801 640-811 (2004)

Do You think that it's out of date ? Paul Malinowski

"Paul Malinowski" news:deul38$sue$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dialog.net.pl...

formatting link
>

Reply to
Paul Malinowski

Go to

formatting link
and pull down the current exam guides for the exams you want to do.

Sounds likes you have Wendell's 2 volume set.

Its not perfect, but it covers more than enough material for you to pass. I don't know about CCNA level, but for the CCNP and DESGN exams I found the Cisco Press "Preparation Guides" more useful than the "Certification Guides". Reason being is that the prep guides are closer to the course notes given in the actual training classes (though obviously not as regularly updated) and these appear to be the source used when setting questions.

Don't panic. Read the books cover to cover and if you can answer all the chapter questions (at both ends of each chapter) you'll be fine.

Matt

Reply to
yamahasw40

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.