How to request a rescore...

I have a question for those that have been through issues with problematic tests.....

After working many years in the networking industry, I figured it is time to cert for some things. I took the CCNA test last weekend. Overall, I did pretty well. However, the sims on the test just plain did not work - there was absolutely no response to any typing. I had the test center call Prometric. They called and we tried some things, but could not get the sims to work (a total of three sims on the test). The response was to continue on and protest the score later. I just barely failed (821 with 849 being pass). Reasonable assumption is that I would have passed if I could have done the sims.

When I called Prometric later, they suggested that they could submit for a rescore. Okay. I called back today to find an update on the case. They told me that I have to submit the issue direct to Cisco

formatting link
I've been to this page and it seems like a general support board and not really a place to protest results to exams. I submitted the question anyway.

So, anyone here been through this mess before and can you offer any suggestions? I'm really disappointed in the response from Prometric.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby
Loading thread data ...

My suggestion is to call the Prometric Customer service at 800-853-6769.

They should be able to help you out. You could also go to the testing center and have them call Prometric for you, and ask them to validate that there was, in fact a problem with the testing system

Reply to
east.Usenet-News.net

Well, the Prometric Customer Service is exactly who has passed me off to Cisco in a way that doesn't seem to work. They do not deny that there was a problem, they just say they are unable to help and I need to contact Cisco. The only contact information they have for issues is the web page as listed below.

Seems like I'm about out of options. I'm still waiting some responses back from Cisco, but I'm not real hopeful.

Reply to
Scooby

If you are in the US, call he FTC.

Reply to
Drake

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.