how to add the rule to the beginning of the acl?

cisco pix,

I have acl and when I`m adding a rule it`s being placed at the end of the list... and I have zero matches, so as I conclude I have to add this to the beginnig af acl, how to do this ?? D

p.s. precisely I want to block one special host from the rest of the network (access-list acl_inside deny ip host 10.0.1.23 any)

Reply to
Dominik
Loading thread data ...

To do that, you have to reprogram you're ACL. You can't add ACL statements to the top of ACLs.

"Dominik" schreef in bericht news:e0tmns$fmj$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

Reply to
CCNA Nerd

Sorry, but thats wrong, you can of course insert lines wherever you want in a pix acl. Thats what the "lines" statement does for you.

example: access-list outside line 4 permit tcp any any eq 80 that would insert the statement in to 4th line of the acl.

a simple "show access-list" will show you the ACL with all the line numbers so you don't have to count them.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

Didn't know that Know it now

Thx

"Brian V" schreef in bericht news:9smdnWnxgaugIa_ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
CCNA Nerd

That's also the case with ACL's in IOS as of 12.2(14)S, see ..

formatting link
BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

thanks for the answers - now everything is clear form me best regards D

Reply to
Dominik

formatting link

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but could you not copy the ACL into Notepad, add the new line where needed, delete it from your config and then recreate it using by pasting in the text from Notepad. Cumbersome but workable isn't it?

John

Reply to
langfordfac

formatting link
>

Workable but risky ... think before you act ... if the acl is being applied to the interface your using to access the router as soon as thge first line is applied you lock yourself out ... explicit deny gets you every time ... it's gotten me a couple of times.

It's not good practice in a production environment when there's other options available.

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.