Help Assessing Effort Needed for Certifications

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if a bootcamp will be good enough to achieve cisco certifications. I have a masters in computer science and telecom, I have a good knowledge of telecom networks and signaling. I took some grad classes in tcp/ip routing and switching but did not have hands on configuring or troubleshooting routers and switches at work. I know the concepts and can compute logic.

I am looking at ccna and ccnp one shot. I saw some bootcamps that have a slow track (about a week for ccna and 4weeks for ccnp).

My question is:

Is it feasible for someone who knows the concepts but DID NOT have hands on to realistically get certified by attending theses bootcamps especially ccnp. I believe ccna should not be a big deal.

thanks

Regards

al

Reply to
marsois
Loading thread data ...

Hi Al,

Which country are you in?

Most training works but if it is a boot camp you will probably be expected to put a lot of effort in yourself because the boot camps are so intensive.

If you are in the UK please hop over to:

formatting link
If you are not then we have online training at:

formatting link
Thanks

Paul

Reply to
howtonetwork

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.