just wondering what router(s) shall I buy to begin my CCNA study? thanks, David

Reply to
David
Loading thread data ...

You can try Boson NetSim

Reply to
The Dude

thanks for the info.

"The Dude" ?ÈëÏû?ÐÂÎÅ:vxiug.191185$Mn5.125668@pd7tw3no...

Reply to
David

You should get some good info here ...

formatting link
BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

hey Dude ! can you tell me collision domain and broadcast domain in network

nirmal

Reply to
Nirmal Baral

A collision domain is all of the computers connected to a hub. Their ethernet frames can have network collisions with anything in the collision domain. A broadcast domain is all of the computers connected to the same side of a router*. Their broadcasts reach all through the broadcast domain.

Switches seperate collision domains. Routers seperate broadcast domains.

It used to be said, back in the days before switches were used: All computers on connected to a hub were on the same collision domain and broadcast domain. Seperate the computers with a network bridge and they have seperate collision domains but still the same broadcast domain. Seperate the computers to 2 seperate hubs with a router in between, 1/2 on one side 1/2 on the other, they are in both seperate collision and seperate broadcast domains. It is not possible to be in the same collision domain but seperate broadcast domains.

Salutations, Lord Balki

Reply to
Overlord

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.