Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- FR Subinterfaces?
- Dream Catcher
August 2, 2005, 6:54 am
rate this thread
You are tasked with the IP address assignment of the frame relay network.
With regards to network layer address assignment, which of the following are
regarding the effects of using frame relay sub interfaces on a physical
A. The network layer address of each sub interface must be in the same
subnet as the physical interface address.
B. The network layer address of each sub interface must be approved by IANA
C. The network layer address must be removed from the physical interface.
D. The network layer address of each sub interface must be the same as the
physical interface address.
E. The sub interfaces should be assigned the network broadcast address of
F. None of the above.
Why not B?
Abt C: Do we really have to do this?
Re: FR Subinterfaces?
the addresses to be assigned in the subinterface do not need to be approved
by IANA since in a internal network you can have the control wheather they
ar private or public (in case your network does not have access to the
about C, yes is really needed the otherwise you will have 2 different
interfaces conneceted to the same network and/or the main serial trying to
reach certain network that maybe reachable some other way.
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » CNN: Mueller investigating McCabe termination [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » quckloader for windows and older Napco P3200 panel
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security