Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- EIGRP route summarization
- Saad Ahmed
April 26, 2005, 5:23 pm
rate this thread
Re: EIGRP route summarization
Correct Answer is C (A summary route pointing to the Null0 interface)
Thanks to Owen Roth
"In EIGRP, the router doing the summarization will build a route to null0
(line 18) for the summarized address. Let's check Shannon's routing table:
Shannon#sh ip route 172.20.0.0
172.20.0.0/16 is subnetted, 6 subnets
C 172.20.100.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet0
C 172.20.101.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet1
D 172.20.0.0/16 is a summary, 00:12:11, Null0
C 172.20.102.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet2"
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Colt, Verizon Take Giant Leap for Cross-Carrier Automation [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum