EIGRP Question

Hi all. Have been mucking about with EIGRP in my studies lately. After enabling EIGRP debug, I now get the following error:

IP-EIGRP NEIGHBOR 192.168.0.254 not on common subnet for E0

The message is from my router IP 192.168.2.254, with 0.254 being my other router E0 port. Any ideas? What's really annoying is that I can't get rid of it - even after entering 'no debug all'!

Not urgent, but I am curious,

Thanks,

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris
Loading thread data ...

depending on your subnet mask, it looks like they are on two different subnets, especially if your mask is 255.255.255.0

Reply to
BMoore

I would say that as well-dependent upon your mask-if its 255.255.0.0 then maybe not.

Reply to
daytime

Paul,

What is the IP address and subnet mask on each interface? From the looks of what you have here, they are not on the same subnet.

192.168.2.254 and 192.168.0.254 are from two different class C networks.
Reply to
Brian

Hi, yes - simple as that. Best brush up on my sumarization stuff. Still can't work out how to disable the warning message though.

Thanks all,

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris

Why would you want to disable the warning message? Fix the problem.

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Just when I thought this group had lost all the arrogant pricks, along comes that comment.

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris

I was simply being straight up. If you fix the problem the warning messages cease. I don't understand why you would want to disable them in the first place.

Reply to
BernieM

I agree, and don't think this was arrogant at all. That's not the kind of error you should just be trying to ignore, it is a symptom that there is something incorrectly configured on your network. I'm with you Bernie !!!

Reply to
Scooby

Fair enough - I'd misinterpreted, apologies for that. It's not so much that I want to disable the message, more that I'd like to know why I can't (if you see what I mean). Seems odd to me that I've entered 'no debug all' and get a friendly message telling me all debugging is off, yet they keep popping up!

Reply to
Paul Morris

No problem Paul, thanks. I have a tendency to be blunt. Thanks also Scooby.,

There are many messages which are part of normal logging as opposed to actual debug.

You can disable that particular warning ...

Router(config-router)#no eigrp log-neighbor-warnings

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.