Does anyone know how the CCNA answers are weighted?

That is, how many percentage points adds a testlet versus a simlet versus a theory question. Can make a difference taking the exam if you can gauge how much time you can spend on a sim if you have, say, 20 questions ahead of you. It looks like Cisco guards that info pretty seriously and I'm not sure I understand why.

So, any insider tips on that, anyone?

Reply to
telecom-gear.com
Loading thread data ...

Well my guess is that the simulations are worth quite a bit more than the multiple choice and drag and drop questions, at least that is what I heard. Think you can also count on at least three simulation questions.

You have 90 minutes to answer 55 to 65 questions. So you are not going to have much time messing around in the simulation questions, if you get stuck in one or two of the simulation you are probably not going to pass. Guess if you quick at the multiple choice questions it will give you more time on the simulations.

Reply to
Freerdie

Well my guess is that the simulations are worth quite a bit more than the multiple choice and drag and drop questions, at least that is what I heard. Think you can also count on at least three simulation questions.

You have 90 minutes to answer 55 to 65 questions. So you are not going to have much time messing around in the simulation questions, if you get stuck in one or two of the simulation you are probably not going to pass. Guess if you quick at the multiple choice questions it will give you more time on the simulations.

Reply to
Freerdie

I have been told you can get 53 questions and in some instances just two simulations

Personally I would spend more than the 10 minutes Cisco recommends on the simulations. The simulations also includes the scenario type question which for example have 5 built-in questions.

If you cannot pick a correct answer then work in reverse order and knock out the answers that are not suitable.

HTH

Reply to
<fred.flintstone

ARe you allowed to go back over your answers? I heard you cant.

Reply to
daytime

my advise is not to get hung up on any question, there is just no time for that. keep moving and dont over analyse the questions. they are not that bad and time flys by. the sims take a little getting used to, the whole environment is wiere. just dive and and keep you head together, you'll pass it.

Reply to
branigan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.