Documentation CD

I was looking at the cisco site and found that the only resource you can use on the CCIE Lab Exam is the Cisco Documentation CD. I was able to find the Cisco Documentation DVD on the site for $75, and I am assuming this is the same thing. Also, is the DVD/CD provided for you at the exam?

Thanks for any help, Matt

Reply to
Matt
Loading thread data ...

You are permited to a cached version of Cisco.com documetation home page, you do not have any other internet access beyond that. If by chance the cache server is down (very frequent in RTP) they can give you any documentation CD. It will most likely NOT be the DVD as that just came out 2 weeks ago.

Reply to
Brian V

They haven't shipped doc cd's in almost 2 years!

Reply to
Brian V

No, the thing you have on the exam is a link to "

formatting link
". That is the only thing available (of course with all the pages down the univercdd tree). You can get a univercd for free if you bought any cisco equipment (there should be cd in the box) or you can just download parts you need from cisco.com

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

This might be true since I don't see any "boxes" any more. First time I see the equipment is when it is already in the racks...

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

That isn't true.

I just bought a new 1760, and there was a note in there saying they don't include them anymore and to go to the website.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks to all who responded. One follow-up question though, which I may already know the answer... Since it is a cached version of the documentation, I'm assuming there is no search functionality? Is this correct?

Thanks again, Matt

Reply to
Matt

There is a search functionality for sure, but if you will "search" too much, you'll get out of time...

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.