DHCP and default GW

Hi,

i have the following problem: I have eth1 connected to Internet, an IP address is assigned via DHCP. Eth0 is connected to LAN and it has staticly assigned IP address. How to configure router to receive default route from the DHCP server?

my configuration is as follows:

! interface Ethernet0/0 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 no ip redirects no ip unreachables no ip proxy-arp ip nat inside no ip mroute-cache half-duplex random-detect no cdp enable ! interface Ethernet0/1 ip address dhcp no ip redirects no ip unreachables no ip proxy-arp ip nat outside no ip mroute-cache half-duplex no cdp enable ! ip nat inside source list 1 interface Ethernet0/1 overload access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

How to configure default route via DHCP?

Regards, Fibre Optic

Reply to
Fibre Optic
Loading thread data ...

! interface Ethernet0/1 ip address dhcp !

I do see that an IP has been assigned but route table is not modified thus the question, i do not see default root.How it should be configured?

Reply to
Fibre Optic

You can set a default route pointing to Ethernet0/1.

Doan

Reply to
Doan

I have resolved the problem i made a simple mistake, i was simply tired. Tank you for your prompt answer!

Regards, Fibre Optic

Reply to
Fibre Optic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.