default mode in cisco switches

A practice exam expected an answer of fragment-free as the default for cisco switches, but for all the router models I checked on Cisco, the default is cut-through, and that is what was taught in class. Is the practice exam wrong?

Reply to
sqrfolkdnc
Loading thread data ...

fragment-free is default on the 1900's and some others.

Reply to
Billl George

According to this:

formatting link
the default is fast forward (which I had thought was the same as cut-through, but I see that Cut through includes EITHER Fast forward or fragment free) on 1900s and 2820s.

I guess I'll have to reset one of my 1900s an see what it says. Or reset all four of them and see if they all default to the same mode.

Reply to
sqrfolkdnc

Anyway, it doesn't matter so much what reality is, what matters is what Cisco expects you to answer on the test. There are enough items on which Cisco expects what they us to believe, when an unbiased analysis would say "it depends" or maybe even the opposite of what Cisco expects us to parrot back on its exams.

Aside: Does anybody know if cisco ever allows more than one possible answer to be correct?

Reply to
sqrfolkdnc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.