Default Gateway

I got confused on one of the CCNA questions. Thia question is in the switching simulator of the test. It asks what MAC address will a host send a packet destined for the internet. I am terminaled into a single switch. From the switch how can I determine this?

Reply to
nikonpledge
Loading thread data ...

Host will send packet to router and thereafter router will forward this packet to the destination so the source MAC address would be of router.

Reply to
jincy

Thank you for the reply but what I need to know is what command do I use to see the MAC address of the router from the switch.

Reply to
nikonpledge

from switch the source MAC will be of switch but the destination would be router so the senders MAC will be switch MAC if u r looking from switch

Reply to
jincy

show mac-address-table interface

where = switch interface connected to router, e.g., fa0/1

Note: Beginning with Release 12.1(11)EA1, the show mac address-table (without hyphen) command replaces the show mac-address-table command (with the hyphen).

cheers Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.