CSVPN Exam Topics - 642-511

I'm after a bit of advice on the topics covered in the CS VPN exam. The outline on Cisco's site and the Cisco Press Self Study guide suggest that the exam covers general VPN technologies, the 3000 series clients and concentrators and the software client. As far as I'm concerned the IOS & PIX VPN topics have been quite well covered in the SECUR & CSPFA. However the outline for the Learnkey training seems to be about 2/3 IOS & PIX config. Can anyone who has taken it recently give me a rough breakdown, including the platforms used for the sims e.g IOS, PIX or Concentrator.

TIA, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Womar
Loading thread data ...

Paul,

Could you just reconfirm the certification you are planning to give, so that I can help you to give a breakup and simulations that you can expect in that paper. As far as I understand you are planning to certify on CSVPN, right? Are you certified for CSPFA nad SECUR??

Regards, Nitin

Reply to
nitint

I am working towards my CCSP. I have passed the 642-501 (SECUR) and

642-521 (CSPFA) already. I'm after a bit more info on the 642-511 (CSVPN) exam, as before, primarily the platforms used in the sims and the platforms covered in the exam. Thanks.
Reply to
Paul Womar

To answer my own question: Not too surprisingly, the exam topics listed on the Cisco siteare accurate. It's general VPN topics & 3000 Series based, only the occasional very general fleeting reference to PIX/IOS topics, no config or any of that stuff. The sims on my exam involved web based config of a Concentrator.

Reply to
Paul Womar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.