Copy configuration from sw to sw

What is the most simple way to copy my configuration from one switch to another sw. 2950 to 2950. I am swapping out sw (don't ask--inventory stuff) and I want to do it fast and painless. 16 of the 24 ports are in use and it is connecte to another sw via etherchannel. i want to configure this one on the bench and just swap them. ip add and def gate and all.

len

Reply to
Len
Loading thread data ...

Hi Len, Simply copy the startup config file using a tftp app from the old switch, edit it using any text editor - to change IP, default gateway and anything else you want to amend - and then copy to new switch.

Reply to
tylerb

Actually, if you're looking for an exact drop-in replacement, don't edit the config at all. Instead, just build a bare-bones config on the new box to establish connectivity while it sits on the bench, and then "copy tftp startup-config" to save the one from the old box. Then pull the plug. After you've swapped them, when you power-up it will use the startup config that you copied.

Reply to
Mike Dorn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.