Connecting a 2500 to a Swich Cat 1900

How do you connect a router 2500 series to a switch 1900?

My second question is how do i telnet to a router. Say i have all the rouers and switches confugred properly.

Cheers.

Reply to
Hashem Ouaida
Loading thread data ...

With a normal cat5e cable from a port on the switch to a AUI tranceiver on the AUI interface on the

Please be a little more precise in describing the scenario and the problem

Reply to
please-answer-here

Ok, what I want is this.....

Thanks for answering my first part of the question, you have saved me a lot of anguish. Second part of the question. Say that I want to telnet to the router instead of configuring it through the console port. Do i need a telnet server or can I just telnet the router. Of course I understand I need to set up the telnet on the router.

Cheers, and thank you very much for your help.

Peace

Reply to
Hashem Ouaida

I think that your question has been answered by another. But if/when you get the telnet connection to work remember DON'T hide your console cable away. I you get your router setup misconfigured you are likely to loose your telnet connectivity

Henning

Reply to
please-answer-here

I am not very sure what you are asking but, it's my understanding is that you have connectivity between 2 routers and you wanna learn how to telnet.

first of all, there is no such thing called Telnet server. if you configure "line vty 0 4" with right parameters ( I mean login command entered and passwork given) and on the condition that you have IP connectivity (means you can ping the router you want to telnet to)

just use telnet "ip_adress" command (ip address is the router's ip address you're intending to connect

hope this helps tayfun

Reply to
Tayfun Tuna

Thanks guys, its muchly appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply to
Hashem Ouaida

Reply to
Howard Huntley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.