Conflicting Answers on question about LAN Congestion

Take a look at this:

Which of the following can lead to the contribution of LAN traffic congestion? (Select all that apply) A. Too many hosts in a broadcast domain B. Full duplex operation C. Broadcast storms D. Multicasting E. Segmentation

Answer: A, C, D, F

Notice they say that Multicasting can contribute to LAN congestion but looky here:

You are experiencing intermittent issues relating to congestion with your network. What are the possible causes of congestion on a LAN? (Choose all that apply.) A. A broadcast domain with too many hosts. B. Full duplex operation. C. Broadcast storms. D. Multicasting. E. Network Segmentation. F. Low bandwidth.

Answer: A, C, F

No mention of Multicasting. Hummmm. They explain:

"D. Multicasting can actually alleviate congestion issues, as single streams of information can reach multiple hosts at the same time, instead of using a series of point to point connections."

Are the questions the same? Different? Opinions?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
pener9
Loading thread data ...

You are just using another one of the many asinine products trying to cash in on the cert bandwagon.

Learn how this works - instead of trying to figure out what these 'self test' peices of crap are trying to say....

Reply to
John Agosta

Hey John,

I use all types of material to get ready for exams including my workplace, books, CDs, forums, and yes practice tests. I think you´ll find most people do the same.

But if you want it another way, here it is:

Fellow Certsearchers,

If you were asked if multicasting can be part of the congestion problem of your LAN what would you say?

Thank you,

Ben Wagon

Reply to
pener9

I'd say, "of course it can."

I use all types of material to get ready for exams including my workplace, books, CDs, forums, and yes practice tests. I think you´ll find most people do the same.

But if you want it another way, here it is:

Fellow Certsearchers,

If you were asked if multicasting can be part of the congestion problem of your LAN what would you say?

Thank you,

Ben Wagon

Reply to
John Agosta

Great!

And would you say multicasting can help alleviate LAN congestion too?

Ben

Reply to
pener9

What are the other options available witht he same functionality as a multi-cast :)

Reply to
News

Well the good news is that no one will ever know what a multicast is if they are reporting congestion to you. Secondly unless you have a ton of applications that use multicasting you'll never run into that issue. What you will see commonly is too many hosts on one segment or subnet, chattering nics, and the ever present speed/duplex mismatches.

Reply to
jdsal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.