Configuring IGRP on a 2501 (according to Todd Lammle's book)

I have been studying for my ccna sice start of Feb this year - I have a lab consisting of 1 x 2501 router and 2 x 2503 router and 2 1900 catalyst switches...I am using Todd Lammle's Sybex book as my text.

Currently on Chapter 5, and having configured RIP on the router, the text advises to configure IGRP over this existing configuration - when I list the available protocol's the list returned contains:

bgp eigrp iso-igrp ospf rip

and one or two others

Could anyone advise why this Cisco 2501 router doesnt have the basic (and cisco proprietary) protocol IGRP

and if possible, advise if and how I go about finding and loading this type of protocol if it is at all possible?

My 3rd question is....

The text speaks about configuring the practice labs with more than the

3 basic routers which I have - for instance the one I am currently looking at uses 3 x 2501 routers and 1 x 2621 router which I am not able to configure because I dont have one. I was able to do the lab on paper only due to this.

Anyone know the best way of connecting my 3 real life routers with say a virtual termulation of a 2621 type router (as an example) as im sure further into the book the config's the netwotrks become much much bigger....

Or am I best biting the bullet and getting the Bosom simulator for such instances?

Reply to
mambush
Loading thread data ...

Cisco has dropped support for igrp and it is not tested on CCNA exams anymore.

Reply to
Lola

Check out your IOS's capabilities at

formatting link
make sure whether or not it performs IGRP. Also, I believe that the CCNA does not cover IGRP very much at all (if any). Your time would be better spent with EIGRP.

My pers>I have been studying for my ccna sice start of Feb this year - I have

Reply to
S.G.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.