Cisco PIX Device manager software

Hi, can someone upload this software for me?

thanks,

tomr @ nyc.rr.com

Reply to
Boss Boss
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
X--Eliminator

You can get this software for free... Simply purchase a PIX.

Boss Boss wrote:

Reply to
Wilson

I have purchased one. How do you go about obtaining the software? Given you purchase this on EBay.

Reply to
BossBoss

Could you do a show flash and paste it in here. Are you sure the files arent already on the pix?

Reply to
nooch

Reply to
Nick

Legally, the person you purchased from should have relinquished all rights to the software and given you the original CD-Rom that DID come with the PIX. Otherwise you will have to resort to illegal means to get the software, but it should be loaded on the PIX at the same time. Have you tried to access the PDM?

My two yen worth! Wil

Nick wrote:

Reply to
Wilson

My apologies. Perhaps it is show bootflash? I don't have access to a PIX right now but I will on Tuesday ;-) I know there is a way to see if the files are on the device other than show version though.

Regards; JP

Reply to
nooch

Show flash would show a bunch of numbers and such. If you know how to decipher that I would love to know. I have already purchased the PIX book coming out from cisco Press, but the publish date keeps getting pushed back. I think what we need him to post is a "show version" which will give us the PDM & IOS version.

***This is from a 'show flash'*** flash file system: version:3 magic:0x12345679 file 0: origin: 0 length:1966136 file 1: origin: 2097152 length:3027 file 2: origin: 0 length:0 file 3: origin: 2228224 length:3123604 file 4: origin: 0 length:0 file 5: origin: 7864320 length:308

I would love to know what it all means. It appears to show five files or five file place holders and a version number.

A show version would show:

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(4) Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(2)

Compiled on Fri 02-Jul-04 00:07 by morlee

PixFW up 3 days 23 hours

Hardware: PIX-501, 16 MB RAM, CPU Am5x86 133 MHz Flash E28F640J3 @ 0x3000000, 8MB BIOS Flash E28F640J3 @ 0xfffd8000, 128KB

0: ethernet0: address is 0013.60a0.042a, irq 9 1: ethernet1: address is 0013.60a0.042c, irq 10 Licensed Features: Failover: Disabled VPN-DES: Enabled VPN-3DES-AES: Enabled Maximum Physical Interfaces: 2 Maximum Interfaces: 2 Cut-through Proxy: Enabled Guards: Enabled URL-filtering: Enabled Inside Hosts: 10 Throughput: Unlimited IKE peers: 10

This PIX has a Restricted (R) license.

***(cut for privacy reasons)***

So, nooch, please educate me on how to read the show flash.

Tom from NYC if you do a show version the second line from the top would tell you if you had the software already or not. My personal recommendation is to use the CLI. I have used the PDM once, but prefer the command line.

K> Could you do a show flash and paste it in here. Are you sure the files arent

Reply to
Wilson

Thanks Wilson. Being new to PIX, I will continue to post more questions here. As the PIX has a very loud fan, I will turn it back on tomorrow and continue to reply here.

There version of PIX is 5.1. The version is 520 with 4 Ethernet ports. It took me some time to reset the password, but that's in another posting.

Tom

Reply to
Boss Boss

Hi Nick, I am trying to avoid spending more cash as this is a home PIX.

thanks

Reply to
Boss Boss

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.