Cisco PIX 520 not taking ESC key from console connection

Using TeraTerm or Hyperterminal with VT100. I am not able to use ESC key or Ctrl-Break to break the boot process to go into password recovery mode. Does anyone have this problem or solution to this?

thanks,

|| || |||| |||| ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. c i s c o S y s t e m s Private Internet eXchange ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cisco Secure PIX Firewall

Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.1(4)

Licensed Features: Failover: Enabled VPN-DES: Enabled VPN-3DES: Disabled Maximum Interfaces: 6

****************************** Warning ******************************* Compliance with U.S. Export Laws and Regulations - Encryption.

This product performs encryption and is regulated for export by the U.S. Government.

This product is not authorized for use by persons located outside the United States and Canada that do not have prior approval from Cisco Systems, Inc. or the U.S. Government.

This product may not be exported outside the U.S. and Canada either by physical or electronic means without PRIOR approval of Cisco Systems, Inc. or the U.S. Government.

Reply to
BossBoss
Loading thread data ...

I guess I have to ask...di you use ALT-B in TeraTerm?

Reply to
Hansang Bae

In addition to Hansang's question about the TeraTerm break key sequence. I guess we should ask which version of Hyperterminal are you using? If you happen to still be using NT 4.0 and are using the pre-installed Hyperterminal the CTRL-BREAK will not work. You must upgrade to Hyperterminal PE (free for personal use), but if you are already using Win2K or higher then this is a non-issue.

My two yen worth! Wils> BossBoss wrote:

Reply to
Wilson

Glad to see you're still around HSB. Been a while. How's the family?

Reply to
John Agosta

Hi, I tried the Alt-B in TeraTerm but to no avail. I did have the HyperTerminal PE (free) as well as SecureCRT. What I had to resort to was to creating an image to a disk and boot off to it.

formatting link

This may be due to an older model????

I have another question: Since I brought cisco hardwares on Ebay. How can I get cisco's management software that initially came with it? Does merely subscribing to cisco.com give me the option to download? It seemed that I am not able to download cisco view, etc.... but the bin files I can.

thanks,

Reply to
Boss Boss

Doing well thanks! :) Got bogged down by a bunch of stuff at work so I had to give up Usenet for a bit.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

No. You have to purchase a Smartnet agreement. Legally, the software does not transfer when you buy the hardware from another user. IANAL, but I don't think something like that could ever stand up in court. It seems like a cheesy way of generating a few bucks for Cisco.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Hansang Bae,

What would a Smartnet agreement cost?

T

Reply to
BossBoss

It depends on the hardware and the type of service you want. 7x24, NBD, onsite support etc.

You need to figure out what "category" your Pix 520 is in. You can find it in the release notes or by browsing cisco.com or cdw.com (or other vendor sites)

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Reply to
Julian Dragut

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.